NO COMPROMISES On…
|SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY|
We apply these No Compromises from the very inception of our creations by applying our Ingredient “NOs.”
Our Ingredient “NOs”
|NO Artificial Ingredients||NO Glycerin|
|NO Fillers||NO GMOs|
|NO Corn, NO Soy||NO Gluten|
|NO Peas, NO Potatoes||NO Pesticides|
|NO Lactose||NO PCBs|
NO COMPROMISE ON SAFETY
Your pet’s safety is our number one priority, which is why our treats are never produced without a thorough safety review. We spare no expense on comprehensive testing for toxins, pesticides, PCBs, heavy metals, lactose, dangerous microbes, and other nasties to ensure the safety of our creations for your pets.
Because pets, just like people, can have allergies and sensitivities to certain ingredients, you’ll NEVER find the following in our food.
- GLYCERIN, also known as glycerol, is used in soap and skin products, as solvents, as antifreeze, and as a laxative to soften stools. Significant amounts of glycerin – which often shows up as one of the top two to five ingredients listed in many pet treats – can potentially cause side effects and health risks in sensitivepets, including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- BREWER’S YEAST,a by-product of brewing beer, is a cheap protein filler that can cause stomach and intestinal upset and gas in pets. Many pets are allergic to Brewer’s Yeast, with symptoms including flaking of the skin, red skin lesions, mutilated skin, licking, rubbing, chewing or scratching. Some pets may even develop small scabs or pull out tufts of their own fur.
- ANIMAL FAT, or POULTRY FAT, a fat produced by “rendering,” cooking materials comprised of animal parts and then skimming the fats that rise to the top. As described in a 2004 a report made to Congress titled Animal Rendering: Economics and Policy “Sources for these materials include meat slaughtering and processing plants (the primary one); dead animals from farms, ranches, feedlots, marketing barns, animal shelters, and other facilities; and fats, grease, and other food waste from restaurants and stores.” In addition, FDA testing found that Animal Fat used in pet food often contains the euthanizing drug pentobarbital (used to end the life of cats, dogs, and horses). Any animal including roadkill, euthanized animals, and diseased animals can be used as raw material to produce Animal Fat. Need we say more???
- CBD, a cannabis compound has not proven to be safe for pets.
- CARRAGEENAN, a thickening or emulsifying agent has been linked to inflammation and immune responses in animals.
- PEAS OR CHICKPEAS are often used as a cheap source of protein and marketed in grain-free products, these legumes may contribute to a potentially deadly canine heart disease called dilated cardiomyopathy when used as main ingredients.
- RAW MEAT or undercooked meats can harbor potentially deadly bacteria such as E. coli and salmonella, which may cause digestive distress.
- CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES, leafy greens including spinach, broccoli, and kale, are healthy for people, but not for pets. They contain high oxalic acid, isothiocyanates, and glucosinolate–myrosinase complex concentrations, which and can cause pets mild-to-potentially-severe gastric irritation, vomiting and diarrhea.
- AVOCADOS contain persin, a toxin that often causes vomiting and diarrhea in pets.
NO Compromise on Wholesomeness
We believe that pets deserve real, wholesome food and we are committed to providing them with only the safest, most natural ingredients. While we source certified organic ingredients whenever possible, most of our ingredients are effectively organic and all are Non-GMO. That’s because most of them come from local, family farmers and herders who live in some of the world’s most remote, pristine areas, away from cities, pollution and toxins.
NO Compromise on Quality
High-quality protein is the foundation of good health in your pet. That’s why you’ll always find real protein sources listed as either the first or second ingredient in all our desserts and treats. All of our ingredients are identical to those used for human consumption with the exception of our probiotics, which have been optimized for your pet’s digestive health.
We never use ingredients like “meat by-products,” “meat meal,” “chicken meal,” and “bone meal” – which are often remnants from slaughterhouses, or diseased animals that are not fit for human consumption – or fillers like grains, corn, soy, peas or chickpeas. Instead, your dog or cat will enjoy real, free-range organic chicken, organic free-range eggs, and sustainably farmed fish. Exactly the quality of food you would serve your human family!
In addition, we include a number of super-healthy, rare Central Asian delicacies including free-range, family nurtured camel and yak cheeses. These wholesome, pristine foods have irresistible flavors that pets go crazy for!
While using such high-quality, healthy proteins can cost up to 10 to 30 times more than inferior ingredients, we know your pets’ health and wellbeing are worth it!
Our free-range, organic chicken is sourced from Europe due to the EU’s stringent animal welfare rules, which are much stricter than the USDA’s. The rules require that poultry companies provide their animals with adequate space, aren’t locked up in cages (as they often are in the U.S.), are not unduly treated with antibiotics, have adequate access to the out-of-doors, and generally have the ability to enjoy their natural behaviors.
We source our beef gelatin from pasture-raised, grass-fed cattle that are raised on the standards of the American Grassfed Association and animal welfare guidelines. They are raised without growth hormones, antibiotics or steroids.
We also contribute 1% of all revenue to the Maya Foundation, an amazing Bhutanese animal rescue organization. (https://www.themayafoundation.org/).
Support for Traditional Lifestyles
Because we always engage in fair trade practices, we are proud to help family farmers and herders maintain the traditional lifestyle and culture they have enjoyed for generations.
Sustainably Sourced Ingredients
We continually work to reduce our impact on the planet by sourcing our ingredients in a way that doesn’t contribute to overfishing, overgrazing, or the increase in greenhouse gasses.
No plastic pouches for us! Our Barkaron dessert boxes and treat tube packaging are made from 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper. Our tube packaging also has recycled aluminum tops and bottoms.
Minimizing Our Carbon Footprint
As many ingredients as possible are sourced from Bhutan, a carbon NEGATIVE country. We also ship ingredients and products in the most energy efficient of manners as is possible.
In addition to contributing to animal rescue, 20% of all profits associated with our quinoa are donated to underprivileged children across the globe.
Follow us on instagram @chewshappiness
❤️ | for you,
🐶 | your pet,
🌏 | & the planet™
🐾 All-natural doggie dessert sample gift packs available now on our website:
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.